A Tale of Joy and Tears

Hello, Trevor, The Tell Tale Dog here, to share with you another inspiring tale of Brenda's
life.  This year has been anything but dull for her.  She has had many wonderful things
happen and I couldn't be more proud!

This has also been a tough year for her as well.  She just recently passed the one-year
anniversary of her Mom's passing.  That was very difficult.  She has shed a lot of tears
over the past couple of weeks.  She had a really nice thing happen to her though the day
of the anniversary.  She heard from both Seth and Nam, the two guys she had the pleasure
of working with, on her advocacy day.  Now, that is what I call true friends in my doggy 
book.  It was really great to be thought of, especially that day. 

She has also had some friends that are going through some rough times and that prompted
her, to recently write a poem.  I would like to share it with our readers.

If I Could I Would

If I could take away your pain, I would.

If I could wipe away your tears, I would.

I may not be able to do those things, but I could,

Listen, cry with you and be your friend. 

5/26/2012

Brenda has a big heart and also being a meningioma right frontal lobe brain tumor survivor,
her emotions sometimes get the best of her.  No apologies are made for this though.
This has really made her a person of empathy and that is why, I believe her hopes and
passions have even become stronger.  She told someone these very same words the
other day about how she wants to approach being a true RA advocate.  She said, "This
is my hope and my passion."  I thought that was wonderful. 

She was recently offered some more writing opportunites and is so thrilled, about this
because she really enjoys writing.  It really is wonderful when something you really
enjoy doing is validated!  You have no idea what that means to Brenda.  I have seen
such a change in her this year.  She has taken risks and they have really paid off.

She recently started writing poetry and that has been well received.  In fact, one of her
poems will be published next month. 

Before we go on though, Brenda is not the only famous one in our little circle.  Good
Ole' Trevor here, and Lil' Biscuit, were recently featured in the latest Tumors Suck
video.  She had taken a wonderful picture of us, wearing our stickers. 

Speaking of videos, Brenda is now featured in another one, this one is about her advocacy
work day.  They did a wonderful job.  I will post the link, so you can watch this. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6SL48O3TLc

If you feel like this is something that you would be interested in doing, please feel free
to contact the Global Healthy Living Foundation.  I will also post that link.

http://www.ghlf.org/

So there you have it folks, joy and tears.  Brenda is doing some amazing things, and I
know her mom, would be proud.  She is just doing what she told her to do, living her
life and grabbing the things she wants out of life.  Now, that is not so bad, is it?

This is Trevor, The Tell Tale Dog, until next time, wishing you the best of everything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tale of a Golden Hero

Tale of a Golden Legacy

A Tale of Golden Connections...