A Tale of Trevor; Six Golden Years...

Hi, it's Brenda, and I will be sharing this tale in my own words. Usually my storyteller, Trevor shares our tales, but I want to tell you the story behind Trevor.

Trevor came into my life on November 30, 2010. It had been a very difficult day, so to see such a beautiful sight, even though it was a plush dog, was a great comfort.

So a little background about how this all came about. I had decided that a golden retriever would be the choice for this plush dog. The next step was a name that would go with my current blog name; Brenda's Brainstorm, which was started in 2009.

I decided that this dog would be telling my tales, so it had to click. Our blog was changed to Brenda's Brainstorm & Featuring Trevor's Tales. TT for short as that was part of his first dog collar, that my late mother made for him. It also had a purple ribbon, as that is the awareness color for meningioma, the type of brain tumor that I had.

Since he was a storyteller with sharing tales, I again changed the blog name to; Brenda's Brainstorm & Featuring Trevor, The Tell Tale Dog. He still has his TT on his dog collar, so it worked.

We branched out with inspirational messages for quite sometime, first as daily and then going to weekly. I after all, was the one coming up with them and weekly worked out so much better. I was even sharing them on some of my friend's Facebook walls.

Next Trevor was featured in several Tumors Suck videos, sporting a T-Shirt and stickers. I will share some photos at the end of this post.

There were some of you that thought for sometime, that Trevor was real. That does not surprise me, because when my mother and I opened the box that he arrived in, we thought he looked real too.

The first couple of days when I would walk into the room and see him, it took a moment. His features looked so real to me. Even those who have seen him, will tell you the same.

Trevor has now been with me for six years. In that time, has worn many hats. What I mean by that is, not only is he my storyteller, but he helps me spread awareness and hope through photos.

Trevor also helped me with his "Barks of Gold" and also "Trevor's Golden Corner" while I served as editor of the CreakyJoints Poet's Corner (& Artists too) for three years.

Before that, he was asked to become mascot for Christine's Superhero Juvenile Arthritis Kids formally named; Christine's Kids. I even wrote a poem for that occasion.

Trevor has even been the topic of conversation when I was a guest on Brain Tumor Talk; Worldwide Radio Show, with our friend and host, Rick Franzo. I recently was on again for the second time, talking about our book, which I am co-author; Grief Diaries: Living with a Brain Injury. Trevor is also mentioned in the book and I shared that part with Rick and the listeners.

I decided to change our blog name yet again, as you all now know, who Trevor is to; Brenda's Brainstorm & Trevor. We are a team. A golden retriever and a brain tumor survivor, who lives with rheumatoid arthritis.

Trevor shared tales about my mother's journey from going into the hospital, the nursing home and ultimately her passing on May 31, 2011.

I know Trevor was meant to come into my life, at the time when he did. He didn't start telling his tales until February of 2011, but it was from that point on, that he was to be my helper and companion.

It has been six golden years. Bringing him to life has been one of my greatest joys with creativity.

I leave you with some of the highlights, during these past six golden years... ~Brenda~


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, for your kind words and the information. I love golden retrievers, if you couldn't tell. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tale of a Golden Hero

Tale of a Golden Legacy

A Tale of Golden Connections...