A November Tale...

Hi it's Brenda, who will be sharing this month's tale. As you may recall, at the beginning of this year, we shared: A January Tale, which was about my birthday. Today, is 9 years since Trevor came into my life.

Trevor not only became a storyteller for my blog, but has helped me in ways that I never thought possible, when it comes to advocacy. You may be thinking to yourself, how can a stuffed golden retriever possibly be able to do all of these things? A big part of it is imagination and creativity. I created a storyteller, to help spice up my blog. I wanted to make it fun and much more creative.

The next step was Trevor being involved in videos. His first of several was Tumors Suck. He also was a big inspiration, when it came to composing messages, first daily and then weekly. We have since stopped sharing them, because only a few were responding. All of this takes work and energy, something that I personally do not possess a lot of.

Trevor has continued to help out in various ways: becoming a mascot, helping me with his Barks of Gold and with Trevor's Golden Corner, while I was editor of the CreakyJoint's Poet's Corner (& Artists too), for 3 years.

Trevor continues to inspire me and has since he arrived, on November 30, 2010. That was a sad day, for several reasons. I had found out from my rheumy at the time, told my mother and I, that he was leaving the area, to take a job teaching in NY. My mother and I both were his patients and we liked him so much. We even got to meet his family once at Staples.

I was also diagnosed with tendinitis in my right ankle (medial foot) and was going to be referred to a podiatrist. He was kind enough to send me home with samples, so I would not have to suffer and also a boot for my ankle, to wear in my shoe. Here, I had to learn how to do something new again. It becomes so overwhelming at times and even more so, since I have had my subsequent craniotomy, which left me with an acquired brain injury. Frontal lobe syndrome is real and at that time, was still scary to deal with, especially not realizing that it was normal, or at least my new normal.

Coming back to my mother's apartment that evening and seeing Trevor for the first time, was a source of comfort. His soft fur and beautiful brown eyes, that seemed to follow you everywhere. For the first couple of days, when I would walk into the room, it seemed that he was so real. For any of you out there, that thought he was, I understand your confusion. BOL

Trevor and I are a team. I refer to him as T Man now, as he has earned that title. I even gave him a pendant with his initial. He continues to inspire and will be my storyteller and helper, for I hope, years to come.

Happy 9th T Man!

~Brenda~
                                                          The T Man Himself

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tale of a Golden Hero

Tale of a Golden Legacy

A Tale of Golden Connections...