A Tale of 10 years with Brenda...

Trevor here with our November tale. This month marks 10 years that I came into Brenda's life. You all know by now, that I'm not real but Brenda has done a fabulous job of bringing me to life. I became her storyteller in February of 2011 about the time that her mother was hospitalized with her lingering illness. She ultimately lost her battle on May 31, 2011, but before all of that occurred, I actually lived in her mother's apartment for several months. Brenda was recovering from her 1st carpal tunnel surgery and was camping out at her mother's apartment. It was decided that I would arrive there as opposed to being delivered at Brenda's since she was staying there anyway. Brenda had received some bad news the day of my arrival. Not only was she going to be losing her present rheumy, but she was also diagnosed with tendonitis in her ankle. 

They both ended up being involved, with torn tendons in the right, but that is another story. She was being referred to a podiatrist, yet another journey in this long saga of living with RA. Just a few short months ago, that same year, Brenda had been declared in joint remission and she never gave up hope that it could happen again. As some of you know, in August of this year, she once again found out that was the case. Back to my arrival. BOL I arrived in a large box. Brenda's mother was afraid that the mail carrier would think that he was delivering a body. Not far off. BOL When they opened the box, they both looked at me and their reaction was priceless. I looked so real. No fault to anyone who ever thought I was. BOL 

For several days when Brenda would walk into the room, she would be startled by my lifelike appearance. My name of course was Trevor, which was decided before my arrival on November 30, 2010. It has been quite the adventure being with Brenda. Not only did I become her storyteller, but I also was behind her inspirational messages. They were first daily and then became weekly. The blog evolved and it was decided that it would be Brenda's Brainstorm & Featuring Trevor's Tales, then Trevor the Tell Tale Dog and now it's Brenda's Brainstorm & Trevor, because you all know me, am I right? BOL I had my picture taken with Brenda right before her local TV interview with NBC ND News. How exciting that day was for Brenda. I became a mascot for some special JA kids, had my own column in the Poet's Corner; Trevor's Golden Corner. So you see, I've been an intricate part of Brenda's life for the past 10 years. We make a great team and I look forward to many years ahead, I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane. ~T Man Barking Off~

Comments

  1. Trevor dude you outdid yourself buddy. First the awesome movie poster like logo is the boss. Top bark dude.

    Then the story. It sounds like both you and Brenda were fortunate. I mean lets face it man you were hanging out somewhere and ended up a write. Not bad for a guy with four paws and no fingers. By the way your type better than i do so props for that.

    So listen Trevor take care of Brenda she is a friend of mine and she needs your help. Heck we al do.

    Hang tight Trevor. No co on the vo bud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick, for stopping by again. You're the most consistent with commenting each month and we really appreciate it. 5 Barks for you! ~T Man~

      Delete
  2. I feel like Trevor is my friend. You convey yourself so well, it enables me to visualize him. Thanks for all you do. It matters and so do you. We love you and the T man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're our friend too, Renee! I'm touched by your response. It means more than you know. Brenda & T Man

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tale of a Golden Hero

Tale of a Golden Legacy

A Tale of Golden Connections...