Tale of Friend or Foe?

Nobody ever said life would be easy...making friends is no different sometimes.

Recently...I had to make a very hard and difficult decision. I had been involved in a friendship that I thought was going pretty well. We had some rocky times...but that is to be expected. Each time..thinking it would get better.

I tried to be there for this person as much as I could...and in turn thought..I would get the same results. Depends on the day or the situation.. and so I found out the hard way.

I was just about to share something really spectacular that had just happened to me..and the response was.."That maybe so, but I have more important things going on in my life right now." Believe me that hurt, as I was only trying to maybe cheer this individual up..but it took me by surprise..that I decided right then and there....that I was done investing in this friendship. That person really just told me..that what I had to share was of no value and that all their problems is all that I should focus on.

If this person had just said, "That's great...I'd love to hear about that sometime...maybe when things settle down." They just said, what they did and walked away. I was really in shock and angry all at the same time. I actually shed some tears over this...but that's over.

You gotta understand..that I have become a little thin skinned due to the location of my brain tumor..that being the frontal lobe. I don't think it would have hurt me or hit me so hard...but I still felt it was uncalled for.

This person is also what you would call an emotional vampire...which can be very exhausting!

This person is also a real piece of work, as I found out. Since I have severed all ties with this individual, I have really begun to see their true colors. Taking advantage of any situation, etc. I'm not at all belittling what is going on in their life..but we all have problems and we just need to learn..in a friendship there is give and take.

I wanted to give that day..and it was just discarded.

I really write this because...I am here to tell you, that toxic and one-sided friendships never work. For all the friends that I have established...it was no great loss. I also have been assured by some..that it was rude and my choice to move on has been encouraged.

If you happen to be involved in a friendship...such as this, RUN LIKE *HELL* and don't look back!

After all, it's their LOSS!

I really feel kinda sorry for this person..because they will never realize what a great friend, I can truly be. I will give my all to something, if I know it's worth it in the long run.

I think there is a saying, and it goes something like this. "In order to have a friend, you need to be a friend."

I hope this has given you some food for thought. I was really upset about this at the onset...but as the weeks have marched on, I know that I did the right thing.

Really think about what you could be getting into before you extend yourself so far. Always test the waters first. You will know in time..if that person is worth investing in. Believe me...you will know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tale of a Golden Hero

Tale of a Golden Legacy

A Tale of Golden Connections...