Tale of Reaching a Milestone Birthday...

January 9, 2010...which was Saturday, was my 50TH birthday. I have to admit to everyone reading this...that I am quite proud of that fact.

For one thing...I do not look my age...so turning 50 didn't bother me in the least.

Throughout the week, I received birthday cards from relatives & friends...from all over the country.

I got several emails from cousins..who are in other states... an animated card...which was just the neatest thing..from someone..who used to live here...but is now in another state.

I had many well wishes from people on Facebook. Speaking of Facebook, I had a birthday wish to raise $100.00 for the cause," Mad About Meningiomas." I am happy to say, that $70.00 was donated...which I think is pretty spectacular. For those of you who donated...I thank you very much for your generous spirit. You are doing a great service to Meningioma Mommas.

My Mom wanted to have a birthday party for me...but she needed my help. So we drew up a guest list of various ages. It was to be a cycle of life party...and I have to say...it turned out pretty good.

The ages ranged from 50 (me) all the way up to 94. We managed to have someone in every decade. That...I thought was really neat.

My Mom is going to be 87 this month and I think she did a fantastic job..with the invitations, etc.

Another thing we did was set up a collage of pictures...ranging from when I was a baby to the most recent. That turned out real neat! : )

Everyone who was invited to the party...was asked to share a special memory, they had of me. It was amazing...how when they started sharing all those good memories...that I instantly was right back there...remembering as well.

I think the neatest thing that happened...was the son of one the moms that was there..called and I got to talk with him for a bit. I consider him to be my little brother. What a great surprise!

I also read the blog I had previously done on my Mom..here, "Crafts & A Mother's Love." The reason I wanted to share that...was because my Mom is just so special to me and I wanted everyone there to know just that. There were actually tears...as I was reading it.

Our lunch consisted of two items from the Meningioma Momma cookbooks. One was a punch and the other my favorite...Frozen Strawberry Pie for dessert. We also had meat, cheese, crackers, mints & nuts.

Everyone had a great time and we had a lot of laughs. It ended with hugs, good wishes...and plans to get together more often.

All in all...I think it was a way in which we reconnected. I had not seen some of these people in quite sometime.

So...I reached a milestone. It can only get better from here.

Thanks for allowing me to share my very special 50TH birthday celebration...because it was just that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tale of a Golden Hero

Tale of a Golden Legacy

A Tale of Golden Connections...