A 7 Year Tale...

Hello my fellow readers, it's Trevor here again, with our second tale of the month. We usually only manage one, but we wanted to share this special one. Make that, I wanted to share. BOL

On November 30th, which is only 4 days away, I will be celebrating 7 years, of coming into Brenda's life. I actually lived at Brenda's mother's apartment, for the first few months. Brenda was continuing to recover from her first carpal tunnel surgery and the second was coming up the first part of December, which could not be performed, because she became so sick before. It was postponed until December 30th. 

If you are using your math skills, something Brenda did not like as a child. Funny thing about that is, she ended up working in the accounting department for 9 years at the clinic, where she is employed. She became very proficient with the ins and outs and all without a degree. She had people that were willing to teach her and a lot was done on the computer, so it became 2nd nature for Brenda. Sorry, I got a little off course there. BOL 

So back to our story or mine. BOL I arrived on November 30, 2010. Are you keeping up with me, here folks? BOL I was scheduled to arrive at Brenda's mother's apartment, because Brenda was working and would not be able to come until evening. 

For those of you who have gotten to know me, I am not a real dog. I am plush, but Brenda somehow was able to bring me to life, because of what she had in mind for me to do. I was to become her storyteller for her blog; Brenda's Brainstorm, which was a wonderful name. My name was chosen because of how it would fit in the new blog title.

It was first; Brenda's Brainstorm & Featuring Trevor's Tales. Made sense because now we were a team, and I would be sharing most of the tales. Again it was changed to; Brenda's Brainstorm & Featuring Trevor, The Tell Tale Dog. It was kind of a take on Edgar Allen Poe's; The Tell-Tale Heart. Brenda loved her literature in school. After a time, it was simply changed to Brenda's Brainstorm & Trevor. It was a process, but I think the transition in names gradually was the way to go. BOL

When I arrived in a big box, Brenda's mother was afraid that the mail carrier would think, that it was a dead body. She had a great sense of humor. I see where Brenda gets her dry sense of humor from. BOL

Brenda proceeded to open the box and they both look at me for a second. I looked so real. My features are so lifelike. I have brown expressive eyes and stand about 3 feet high. That was a question we asked our readers on Facebook. Now you know. 

When Brenda would come into the room for the first couple of days, she really had to take a second look, because I looked so real. BOL If anyone else was fooled by my photos that she posted, please do not feel bad. Even people who still see me in person, think the same. BOL 

I had my picture taken with Brenda, right before she did her local TV interview, with NBC ND News and the reporter made that same comment. That has become our favorite photo. It shows what important work, we both do. BOL

I basically help Brenda spread awareness and hope on two fronts. She also has lived with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) for over 26 years, and as you know, is also a 9 year brain tumor survivor. I try to tell her stories, the best that a dog can do. A golden retriever was so important for this job, as Brenda has always loved them. 

I have been featured in 3 Tumors Suck! videos.
Trevor & Brenda
I helped Brenda out with inspirational messages, along with being the storyteller for this blog. When she was editor of the CreakyJoints Poet's Corner (& Artists too) for 3 years, I shared my "Barks of Gold" and later had a little correspondence job at the end of each issue with; "Trevor's Golden Corner." 

I was asked to become mascot for Christine's Superhero Juvenile Arthritis Kids in 2013. My job is primarily to share messages and encourage the "Mighty Little Heroes." Brenda even composed a poem for that special announcement. We even shared with them, that I was not a real dog, but a plush one, who can still bring comfort, when your joints are hurting. My fur is pretty soft, as Brenda will tell you. BOL

Brenda bought a special pendant to commemorate this special occasion. Yes, she celebrates everything. BOL. It has the words;"Love You To The Moon & Back" Some people thought it was me that was on the pendant. It actually reminded Brenda a lot of my first pose, when I was featured in her first published blog post as storyteller of : "A Tale of 21 Years." I also shared a 2nd one with "A Tale of Timing." 

You will also notice that all of our titles, since I came on board in February of 2011, have the word "Tale" in them. I am after all, Trevor, The Tell Tale Dog. 

I am going to leave you with a few photos over the years. I hope you have enjoyed this memory down golden lane. See what I did there? BOL 

I love being Brenda's helper and above all, her golden companion. ~Trevor~ 

Me in the early days....
                                                               
My little sister Biscuit and I posing for Tumors Suck!
                                           
Helping Brenda spread Brain Tumor Awareness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tale of a Golden Hero

Tale of a Golden Legacy

A Tale of Golden Connections...