A Tale of Life After a Brain Tumor

As some of you know, I was diagnosed with a nonmalignant brain tumor...called a Meningioma...last August. It was almost the size of a golf ball...measuring 2.5 x 2.3 x 2.6 cm. It was located in the right frontal lobe. I named it "Mini"...for mini-golf. My dry sense of humor. lol

That being said....I deal with a lot of emotions. In fact....I can be sitting and talking to someone and tears just start to well up within my eyes. I can't explain it. It's like your emotions just take hold of you....and you just can't stop it.

I have come to realize...that I don't have to. You just let the tears flow and make the best of it.

My boss, supervisor, and some of my co-workers know...of my situation and are very understanding.

Those who are not...I don't really care!

Anyway....I had a situation happen to me this week...where I reacted with my heart...instead of my head.

You see....I always want to see the good in people. When I see someone...who is being teased, or put down...I want to help.

I should have just stayed out of this one. I confronted someone...who I care deeply about and said some rather harsh things. The thing is...that person had done nothing wrong. I had it all mixed up.

You see.. I didn't have my facts straight.

I still manage to get details mixed up. I need to be able to evaluate the whole situation clearly, before I weigh in.

Once...I realized that I had made a mistake. Yes, I DO MAKE MISTAKES...because...the plain fact is....that I am Human! I went to that person and did apologize for my error.

I know...that person is not angry with me and that we are still friends.

I tell you this because....I really felt bad for doing this. It also probably hit me more...because of the fact of my brain tumor...etc.

Anyway...there will be more to come. This will be a place where you can come along with me on my Brain Tumor Journey.

I do know one thing for sure....this was all meant to happen. Nothing...I believe happens by chance.

We are all here...to make the world a better place.


Brenda :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tale of a Golden Hero

Tale of a Golden Legacy

A Tale of Golden Connections...